Thursday, May 10, 2012

Spring in Colorado

I have been working in my studio for a few months now creating necklaces, bracelets and earrings.  I am still working on double stranded bracelets, a feast for the eyes as I select from the many components I have accumulated over the years.  But I have also finished beaded bracelets that look great.  I have been inspired by the flowering of trees and so many perennials that have come up through snow and have withstood the wind here in Colorado. I admire their resilience and beauty.

Here is a lovely cuff bracelet I made recently with fresh water pearls, rhinestones, glass beads and round pewter casting.  I backed it in suede and hand signed it.   It is about 6 1/2" long by 1 1/2" wide.   (This piece has now been sold; but feel free to go to my website and explore other pieces available.)


 "Spring"
Sold

I have also been working on making a lot of necklaces like this one in colors of old Egypt.  It talks to me of the ancient days when kings prepared pyramids and queens roamed the sands of time.  It contains a rectangular jasper cabochon embellished with turquoise, serpentine and an enticing ceramic scarab; glass seed beads and finished with suede on back and hand-signed, with an easy toggle clasp.  (This piece has now been sold; but feel free to go to my website and explore other pieces available.)


 "Remembering Egypt"
Sold

Making jewelry is a strange thing; it transports me to rare periods of time and I get to make the next jewel that will adorn a neck or a wrist and dream as I work and sometimes listen to the radio (NPR) in the afternoon.

See if these pieces also transport you  to specific times as springtime delights me here by the mountains.

Copyright 2012 Micheline Brierre

No comments:

Post a Comment